TYPES OF CLOUD COMPUTING



Now let's discuss about or get understanding on the types of cloud computing. We can categorize the different types of cloud computing based on two white categories, one being deployment model and the other one being service model. Let's discuss about the deployment model. First deployment model realists categorized into three types.


First one is public and then private and then hybrid cloud. In other words, public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid. It will be easy for me to explain. And also it'll be easy for you to understand if I walk you through this example, consider the different types of vehicles we use to commute from one place to another.



For example, if I want to travel, I can pick a bus, which is accessible to anyone I get in and I pay for the seat that I occupy and I pay for the time that I will be traveling in it. And I'm done. Cost is very less here as similar kind of thing happens in the public cloud. I pay only for the resource that I use and I pay for how long I use it.



If I use less, I pay less. If I use more, I pay more for that month. Simple on the other hand, private cloud is like buying your own car and using it for commuting purpose here, I pay a huge amount upfront and it is all owned only by me. I do not pay for it in an Aldi fashion, but completely and all upfront.


The cost here is very huge. And thirdly, if I want the best of both types, like the comfort of the own car and still don't.want toPay all upfront, otherwise one only to pay for the time that I use the service. I can rent a car. Similarly, I can have it in a hybrid environment. Meaning if I already have a DC, I can integrate it with the cloud and use both the DC's


and that would become an hybrid environment. All right. So that was good.  Let's summarize the types of cloud-based on deployment models. And as we know now about the public cloud public cloud is an cloud infrastructure that's made available to the general public over the internet, and it is owned by the cloud.


Some of the major players as cloud providers are AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM blue cloud, and some cloud and private cloud. Now this cloud infrastructure is exclusively operated by a single organization. It can be managed by organizations are third-party and may exist on premises or off premises doesn't matter.


But the point here is this is exclusively operated for a single organization and some companies that provide private cloud are AWS and VMware and hybrid cloud. use  the best of both public and the private cloud. For example, the federal agencies, they opt for private clouds for storing and developing personal data, and they use public cloud to share the nonsensitive data with the general public or with other government departments.


Now let's discuss about different clouds based on the service model. If we need to categorize them broadly, we can categorize them as a infrastructure, as a service IAS or platform as a service PAS or software as a service  SAS  they sometimes are referred to as  IaaS PaS and SAS. Now at this moment, you could be like this guy thinking Sam, I thought you're done categorizing the cloud.



Now you're going to talk about three more categories. Which one should I pick? Well, let me explain if all that you want is just Justin VM and you have all the expertise to install the software on top of it and make it work, then go for IAS if you only want a platform are an interface to program or an interface to upload a program and make it run, then pick PAAS


or if all that you want is a finished product, hosted in the cloud and be able to access it through the internet. Then go for SAAS here you get a username and password for an application, and you can begin to customize the application based on your needs. All right. Let's discuss about, um, IaaS in a bit more detail, IaaS  it gives basic computing infra, it's based on a pay for what you use model.

And some of the cloud providers who are big players are AWS, Azure and Google. And. here users generally will be IT admins in PaaS the provider gives you a platform or a runtime environment for developing testing and managing applications. It's platform ready? You buy the platform, you upload the code and you start working on it.


And it allows the software developers to deploy applications without running the underlying infrastructure. And as you might have guessed by now, the interesting candidates who would use PaaS is software developers. And in SAS, everything is managed by the vendor, be the hardware or the software it's managed by the vendor and we pay for the service and we pay for it through a pay as you go subscription.


And as you might've guessed, the end users here would be end customer itself. All right. Let's put together everything. 



In IaaS and further, less, or reduced in PaaS and nothing to manage when it comes to SAS. Let me also explain the different types of cloud services through an example like this, let's say that you have a crush on cake and you're playing. To bake one yourself. Now let's look at the options you can have.


You can make all the ingredients, yourself, be the floor, uh, butter and, uh, you know, put together and bake the whole thing yourself, using your own oven, pan, you know, the needed water and the rest. You get an idea, right? Everything. Is yours and that's on premises. All that you use is owned by you and nothing is managed by the vendor.


The other options you can have is by the ingredients and mix and bake the cake yourself. Now, this would be like I asked .Here, the infra is managed by the provider and we get to use it and customize it the way we wanted .Here the cloud service isn't shared responsibility. The other options you still have on hand is simple.


Pick a phone and order a cake. Now this is lot simpler than the rest we discussed so far. You know, it's simply picking the phone and ordering the cake and pay for it when it arrives simple. And when it reaches home, you will have to arrange the table, garnish the cake, if that's needed, and then enjoy the cake.



It's the same way with PaaS just get the platform in which you would run your code and upload your code and start running your application Here, you and the vendors. The responsibility. You still have one more option left that is simply go out and dine. This is a lot, lot simpler that it requires no effort from us at all.


You buy the fully finished and garnished cake and pay for it and walk out no responsibility on making the cake. It's the same way with SAS. We buy the finished product and pay for the finished applicant. I really hope you enjoy this blog I'll meet you in the next blog. 


Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung Galaxy S22 release date,Leaks

STEAM:STEAM ANNOUNCED A GAMING CONSOLE ,PC